Brake checks are an important part of your vehicle servicing requirements, so we recommend that you have your brakes inspected periodically and not just wait until you notice something is not quite right …. that could be too late. If you tend to use your car mainly for short journeys for instance, it is likely that you will wear the brakes down quicker than if the car is used predominantly for longer trips. It is therefore important that you can spot the most common tell-tale signs of when your brake pads are in need of changing or repair:
- Grinding noise – this usually suggests that the brake pads have reached the minimum thickness, so you should contact Gold Coast Brakes & Clutch to have your car brake pads changed.
- Pull to the left or right when braking – this normally means that there could be sticking on the brake discs or issues with the hydraulic elements of the brakes.
Free Brake Checks
- Does your brake warning light come on when you are driving?
- Is your brake fluid low, or appear very dirty?
- Do you hear a grinding sound or a squealing sound when you apply the brake pedal?
- Do you feel a pulsation or some sponginess in the brake pedal when it is depressed?
- Does your vehicle steer or pull to one side when braking?
These are the most common signs, any other sights, sounds or sensations in the brake system that seem out of the ordinary should also be taken into consideration. Most times, brake system problems will only escalate if disregarded.
Our free brake check facility gives a clear picture of the condition of your vehicle’s brakes, and whether you need new brake pads, brake discs or if the braking system itself is in need of repair. All elements are inspected against the manufacturer’s specification, which means Gold Coast Brakes & Clutch will help you get your brakes back to the most efficient standards set. To get a free brake inspection, contact us at Gold Coast Brakes & Clutch